Friday, July 9, 2010

The circus is leaving town.


Target date:  August 1st.

It's been officially announced that I am getting married and moving to Texas. How exciting!

My job has been posted, so take a look.  Trust me, you WANT to work at OPLIN.

Since the announcement, my days have been very bittersweet...I'm receiving many, many very nice messages and phone calls, offers for goodbye lunches, and even gifts!  I've been quite overwhelmed. 

So much for slipping out quietly. 

I talk to hundreds of different people a year. (It really doesn't seem like that many.)  I feel like I know you all personally!  I knew it would be a bit difficult to say goodbye, but MAN, you guys!   *sniff...sniff*

Frankly, I will miss you all very much.  Each librarian uniquely contributes to the greatness of Ohio libraries.  You all deserve medals!  And raises!  I hope to find librarians in Ft. Worth to be just as passionate and excited about public libraries as we - well, you - Ohioans are.

I was reminded of my first real trip outside of "my" library.  I went to the Ida Rupp Public Library in Port Clinton for training on our new ILS software.  That reminder, and many other stories that we've been sharing this week, certainly don't feel like they happened many years ago.  It just feels like yesterday.  Fun times...fun times...

My last day is July 23rd and it will be a sad one, but I'm counting on folks to stay in touch.  I just don't know what I'd do without all of you!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to make gazillions of friends in Texas. I know this to be true. Wanna know why? Because you have one of the biggest and kindest hearts I've ever seen in my entire life. If someone doesn't want to be friends with you, then there's something very wrong with that person and you don't want to mess with him or her. Kick 'em in the butt on their way out the door to make sure they stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ, that's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me. LOL Thanks!

    ReplyDelete