Thursday, December 24, 2009

You say you want a resolution

Ages ago the Duct Tape Marketing blog had a story called "Where's Your Fortune Cookie Moment?"

I read the story thinking, "VERY cool idea!" and then I forgot about it.  I've noticed that a lot of my found ideas are quickly forgotten because I don't stop AS SOON AS I READ THEM and think, "Let me make a plan."

This brings me to my social resolutions for the new year:
  • When an idea sounds good, I will immediately plan on how to implement it. Sounds impossible, no?  Ok, maybe I'll ease into it by just taking better notes and make sure to keep coming back to them.

  • I will blog more.  My brain is filled with stuff, I just need to get it out.
  • I will read Seth Goodin (and everything else in my RSS reader) more often.  Do you hear me sigh heavily when I log in once a week and see I have many, many, many articles?  *sigh*
  • I will always smile when I answer the phone.  After all, "You're only as good as your last phone call."
  • Starting right now, I will give each person a Fortune Cookie Moment. When y'all call, I will make a point to make a comment that has nothing to do with the technical moment.  I will make you smile.
I hope your resolutions are as successful as mine will be!  Good luck!
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment