Friday, May 28, 2010

This week in customer service...

A note or two about my customer service experiences this week...

#1.  Thank you, Clear Channel, for giving me tickets to the premier of Prince of Persia! (One of the perks of working in their building!)  Pretty good movie, great effects...a bit predictable, though.  Not for young viewers because the plot is a bit complicated.

The customer service experience: We were told to come early, and we showed up about 45 minutes before the show.  And we waited...and waited...and waited.  There were no benches, the carpet was too icky to sit on, and there were a LOT of people in that very warm hallway who had worked all day and were a bit weary.  It would have been nice of them to open the doors a bit earlier so we could all be more comfortable.

Not once did anyone from the theater come around.  Hmmmm.  I would think that would be a great time to advertise future shows and maybe even toss out a few freebies.  Popcorn, anyone?


#2. Though I usually have bad hair, this last cut was particularly disturbing.  I had it re-cut on Tuesday, then went back to the same shopping center on Wednesday for lunch, and the stylist I used the day before saw me walking by, popped her head out the door, and said, "Your hair looks nice today!"

The customer service experience:  I LOVED that this stylist took the time to ask me about my new cut.  Even if I end up hating this style, I will still go back to her at Saturday's Salon.  I'm assuming she didn't leave someone in the chair with wet, half-cut hair to come and talk to me...



#3.  When I got to lunch, the lady taking my order at Great Steak asked me if I wanted my usual and proceeded to type it into the register.  She even rememberd that I liked extra hot sauce.  *blink...blink*

The customer service experience:  This happens at another of my favorite restaurants.  This makes me feel REMEMBERED.  (They're probably remembering my bad hair, but still...)  It makes me feel like a valued customer.

Remember back in the day when ladies at the bank knew you by name?  (That always fascinated me; I have no memory for this kind of thing.) Well, this takes it one step further.  And for that, they get extra tips and I spread the word about how fantastic they are.  It's a win-win, I'd say!

When there are more ‘good’ than ‘bad’ customer service experiences in a week, I smile.  Were YOU smiling when I walked in to your business this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment