Monday, June 21, 2010

The Restaurant (an act in two parts)

ACT 1:
My most favoritist (yes, that's a word) restaurant is just up the street from where I work.  XOXOXOXOs to Mexican food!  I would marry it if I could.  (Stop judging me.)

ANYWAY, besides the DEEEEEEELISHIOUSNESS of it, I love this place because of the customer service.  Today I had SEVEN* people assisting me.  (I don't need that much help to eat, it's just their way.)

 #1 ordered my food AS I STEPPED OUT OF MY CAR.
 #2 placed chips and salsa on my table AS I ENTERED THE BUILDING.
 #3 brought over my standard margari---Coke.
 #4 seated me and told me my food had been ordered.
 #5 brought my plate.
 #6 refilled my glass. *hic*
 #7 cleared my plate.
 #4 walked my check up to the register.
 #6 brought my change.
 #1 asked if the book I brought this week was a good one.

All of these wonderful people work as a well-oiled machine. They run - literally RUN - and SMILE the entire time I am there.  And not just for me...for every single customer.  Seriously, what other place does that? 

From "Bienvenidos!" to "Hasta manana!" they make my lunch an experience, rather than just a meal. Y me gusto mucho.

**Until about three months ago, there would be an 8th person.  Arturo would so graciously bring me a bib and go so far as to place it on my chest.  (See?  These guys GET me.)   Arturo has moved back to Mexico.  I miss him and his bib placing skills.  Adios, mi amigo!

So...how much attention do you give YOUR customers?  How personal is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment