Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The new life...

The whole move started out badly...It was sweltering hot in Ohio the first day we were loading, and it rained the next.  (My timing is always impeccable!)  We didn't get a receipt for the truck because the U-Haul  computers went down.  (Thank goodness they didn't report the thing stolen!)  We didn't have room for both houses in one truck, so sadly, some things got left behind.  Brake lights came on in the semi, so the night before we were to leave, we had to have an emergency mechanic visit.

Finally, we got on the road and about 1/2 way there, we stopped at a Subway.  In the little garden, there was this cherub statue facing away from the picnic tables.  It was obviously mooning us.

It was HOT when we got here...in fact, record-breaking temperatures greeted us.  (Have I mentioned that my timing is always impeccable?)  The movers were fantastic...they had the whole truck unloaded in about two hours.  Then the AC went out.

Repair guy came and worked till about 1:00 AM, and things were fine till last Wednesday.  This time, the compressor locked up.  Thank goodness for the home warranty! 

But today, none of that bad stuff matters.  THIS is the type of day I am SUPPOSED to have every day.
    • After a week of sweat rolling down my back, the AC is fixed again.
    • I finished a book.  The Emperor's Mistress by Kate Quinn was excellent.  It's about slave life in Roman times.  It would make a great chick flick.
    •  I went to a music store to get everything The Boy needs to start playing the trumpet in band.  AND I DIDN'T GET LOST!  Not even for a second!
    • I ate at a Mexican restaurant that - and I am very sad to say this - beat El Vaquero in taste.  (Not in service, though.)  
    • I get to use my oven now that the AC is fixed.  Ah, a home-cooked meal!  You have no idea how much heat even a toaster can give off....trust me, eating out was the better option.
    • My car was fixed on Sunday, so now I didn't feel like I was sliding around the curves.  My car was actually a pleasure to drive!  (More on that in the next entry...)
    • I made it home in time for a nap...and it was sooooo good.

    I hope your day was just as wonderful!
    .

    No comments:

    Post a Comment